If you want to make a statement with your beauty looks, there’s no better way to do it than with a perfect winged eyeliner. Don’t be intimidated by the classic flicked look, because this tutorial has all the steps to help you achieve your ideal cat eye. With a few simple steps and basic eyeliner skills, you’ll be strutting your way around town in no time with a winged liner as sharp as a razor. So grab your eyeliner and let’s get started!
1. Mastering the Winged Cat Eye: A Step-by-Step Tutorial
Achieving the perfect winged eyeliner look can be an intimidating process. Trying to create a symmetrical line without a professional makeup artist feeling as if the job is impossible. But fear not, by following these steps you can master the art of the classic cat-eye look.
- Start by prepping your eyes with primer and your favorite eyeshadow colors, and lightly shade your eyelids.
- Apply a base shadow directly under the eye line and blend it away using a brush so only a smoky line is left.
- Using a vibrant colored eyeliner, brush from the inside of the eye to the outside. This will help give you a guide line to follow up with a more precise line.
- Work your way outward again, but this time switch to a gel or liquid liner to get the perfect winged tip.
To finish, apply some mascara and some of your favorite eyelashes. For a more dramatic look, switch out the vibrant shadow color for a black. Taking small strides when drawing your cat eye will help ensure you get the perfect line. Finally, seal the look using a setting spray and you’re ready to rock the winged cat eye—no matter the occasion!
2. Setting the Perfect Canvas: Preparing Your Eyes for Winged Liner
Winged liner is often considered a statement look, but it doesn’t have to be. In fact, it can be a great everyday look that adds a little bit of creativity and flair to your makeup routine. To set the perfect canvas, there are a few essential steps when preparing your eyes.
- Start with a clean face. Before setting your makeup, ensure your face is clean and free of oil. Washing your face with lukewarm water and a gentle cleanser will help prevent any product from fading or creasing due to oils.
- Apply eye primer. Premaking your eyes helps eyeshadow and eyeliner to go on more evenly and stick with longer staying power. It also prevents makeup from fading and creasing through the day.
Once you’ve prepped your eyes, it’s time to pick your eyeshadow shade. If you’re going for a classic, everyday look, brown tones are always a safe bet. Earthy tones and nude shades can help create a more toned-down look – perfect for everyday wear.
If you’re wanting something a bit more daring and bold, you can play around with brighter hues. Brighter shades like blue, purple, or pink can add an unexpected edginess and interest to your makeup. If you’re feeling adventurous, don’t be afraid to mix different colors together to create an interesting monochromatic look.
3. Drawing the Flawless Line Across Your Lid
Whenever you apply eyeliner, a perfectly straight and thick line defines our beauty. Achieving the perfect eyeliner look can be a bit of a challenge, but with a few simple steps, you’ll be painting the perfect line across your lids!
Here are the steps:
- Start with a good base. It’s best to begin with an eyelid primer, followed by an eyeshadow that closely matches the shade of the eyeliner.
- Hold your liner. A firm, pointed grip is the key-so be sure to hold the liner close to the tip for more precision.
- Apply thin strokes. Take small and thin strokes when you draw the line across your lid.
- Gently smudge the line. You can use a smudge brush to soften the line and make it look even more perfect.
- Repeat on the other eye. Balance is key here, so repeat the steps on the other eye to get symmetrical results.
These tips can help make sure that you draw the perfect line on your lids every single time. With a steady hand and the help of some smudging, you will have beautiful eyeliner that will last all day.
4. Finishing Touches: Perfecting Your Look with Finishing Details
Once you’ve created the basics of your style, it’s time to perfect it with small finishing touches. These details can have an impact on creating the perfect look.
- Accessories. When you think of accessories, jewelry comes to mind first. But don’t forget about scarves, headbands, handbags, and more to finish your look and give you a polished appearance.
- Colour. How you use colour will both draw attention and create a sense of harmony. Combine cool tones for a modern feel and warm colours for an inviting look.
- Texture. Reach for items with interesting textures to add layers and depth to a bland outfit.
The little extras. Just because something is small, doesn’t mean it isn’t important. Complete your look with a stylish belt, button up cardigan, and even a printed pocket square.
Seemingly insignificant items can make a big difference in shaping your look and creating a unique style. Look for small details when getting dressed and experiment with various combinations for the perfect combination of comfort and fashion.
5. Voilà! The Perfect Winged Cat Eye is Ready to Go!
Now all that’s left is to admire your handywork! Step back and take a good look at your cat eye. It’s perfect! The wings should be symmetrical, and the liner should be evenly applied without any gaps. If you feel like you might want it to be darker, go ahead and add more product along the top lash line.
When you’re satisfied with the look of it, you feel ready to walk out the door eyeliner-first and be bold! Here are some tips to wrap it up:
- Set it: Apply a thin coat of matte black eyeshadow or translucent powder to the liner with a small eyeshadow brush to set it.
- Finish it: Create a smooth transition between the eyeshadow and the liner with the same brush, and voilà, you’re done!
And that’s all there is to it! Now you know how to create a perfect cat eye anytime, anywhere. Be sure to practice it often so that you can perfect the technique and quickly create your favorite makeup look. Rock that cat eye with confidence and you’ll be turning heads wherever you go!
If you’re looking for a way to add a little drama to your look, winged eyeliner is just the trick. With a little patience and practice, it won’t be long until you’re able to achieve the classic cat eye with ease. So grab your eyeliner, unleash your inner artist, and show the world your feline-inspired finesse!