The holiday season can be one of the most exciting and enjoyable times of the year. With twinkling lights, festive decorations, and plenty of parties and gatherings sprinkled throughout the month, it’s the perfect time to take your look and make it sparkle and shine. One of the highlights of the season is finding the perfect festive look to bring out your inner glamorous side. If you’re looking for some make-up inspiration to get you into the holiday spirit, you’re in luck! Here’s a festive holiday make-up tutorial that will have you looking sparkling and glamorous for special events all season long.
1. Step-by-Step Guide to a Glittering Holiday Glam
Break Out the Glitter
Adding a hint of sparkle to your look this holiday season has never been easier. It’s all about the right placement and accessorizing in subtle, yet stylish ways. Start by grabbing glitter-infused products that are great for adding eye catching qualities to your daily look without going overboard. Go for a subtle smoky eye with a shimmery shadow, or a sparkle-infused lipgloss to highlight your pout.
Mix Up Your Outfit
Make your outfit pop with eye-popping sequins and add some holiday glam with pieces of jewelry that sparkle from every angle. The key is to pair your pieces with everyday clothing to create the perfect mix of holiday shimmer and classic style. A sequined skirt paired with a turtleneck sweater is an easy option that looks beautiful and is sure to turn heads this season.
Be Fashionably Festive
Now that you have the right pieces in place, it’s time to be a little adventurous. With a touch of glitter, you can create fashionably festive look to light up any event. Have fun piecing together sequin dresses, jackets, and accessories for a show-stopping ensemble that will be sure to get you noticed.
Look Fabulous and Festive
Finally, it’s time to finish the look with confidence. A few touches of glitter here and there are all it takes to be the life of the party. Top off your outfit with festive outfits, and take your holiday wardrobe to the next level. Make your own fashion statement this season:
- Show off those bold patterns
- Accentuate with accessories
- Bring the sparkle to your look
- Be bold and standout
2. Shine Bright with These Easy Eye Makeup Tips
- Put a wash of color on the eyelids. Start with a neutral, light shade so your eyes look naturally brighter. Investing in a few good-quality eye shadow palettes will help you create endless eye makeup looks!
- Apply white eyeliner along the lower and upper lash lines. A light dusting of white liner from inner to outer corner will help open up the eyes and make them appear brighter.
- Line and curl the lashes. Knowing how to properly curl your eyelashes is the secret to opening up your eyes and making them appear brighter and more alive. With the eyecurler, try to squeeze your lashes for about three seconds, pause for a second as you move along, then squeeze again, and keep repeating.
- Dust your brows. Even when you are done with your eye makeup, remember to groom your brows. Use a light brow color to fill in any sparse areas, and groom the hairs for a neat finish.
For more definition and definition, use a black or brown eyeliner to line the upper lid along the lashes, going a little past the corner, and then softly smudge it. You can use the same color shadow to line the lower lash line and also smudge it for a smokey eye look. If the liner and shadow combination feels too heavy for you, opt for a brown gel liner without any smudging. Then use a matte black mascara to add volume to your lashes.
Finally, highlight your inner eye corner to give your eye makeup an extra pop! Use a shimmery champagne eyeshadow and apply it in the inner corner and just below the arch of your brow. This trick will help give the eyes more depth and lift. With these tricks, you can confidently put together a gorgeous eye makeup look that will open up your eyes and make them look bright!
3. Lip Color Ideas to Add Festive Cheer to Your Look
Achieve the ultimate festive look with these lip color ideas!
- Glitter and Shine. Nothing adds a bit of holiday cheer to your look like a touch of glitter. Brighten up any lipstick color with shimmery, glittery lip gloss. For a more subtle look, pick a color that’s close to your natural lip color, or go for a sheer gloss for all-over shine.
- Contrast and Boldness. The holidays are all about standing out and making a statement! Use bright, bold lip colors to contrast your outfit. Opt for a berry hue for a classic holiday look or have fun with a deep purple or fuchsia for a more trendy look.
- Reds and Corals. Red and coral lipsticks are the perfect way to complete a festive look. If red is too much, opt for a softer coral or blush color to give your lips a natural rosy hue. However, if you’re feeling really daring, try a rich maroon or classic deep red to pull together your entire look.
If you’re looking to add some holiday cheer to your makeup, try out any of these lip color ideas for the perfect festive look. Not only will you look great, but you’ll feel confident and festive ready for your holiday event!
4. Refreshingly Radiant Glowing Skin Tricks
- Cleanse your skin twice daily with a gentle face wash, especially if your skin is on the oiler side. Choose a face wash that is specifically designed for your skin type.
- Make sure you’re drinking plenty of water throughout the day. Water helps flush your system of toxins and combats dryness.
Give your skin the special treatment it deserves with a mask at least twice a week. Masks hydrate your skin and can play a key role in your skin care routine. Choose a clay mask with rose or tea tree oil for acne prone skin, and then a hydrating mask for dry and sensitive skin.
Don’t forget to moisturize! Keeping your skin moisturized is a tried and true way of maintaining a dewy, youthful-looking complexion. Opt for an oil-free moisturizer for oily skin, and a heavier cream for dry skin. If you have combination skin, try a lighter cream during the day, and heavier cream for night.
- Exfoliate twice a week to reveal a glowing complexion. Chemical exfoliators work best because they don’t use abrasive particles like physical exfoliators do. This helps to reveal smooth, radiant skin without irritation or damage.
- Make sure to keep your skin protected from the sun with a good quality SPF. The sun is the number one factor that affects skin’s appearance and texture. Reapply sunscreen approximately every two hours to maintain its efficacy.
5. Finishing Touches For a Picture-Perfect Holiday Look
Whether you’re dressing for a festive dinner party or a casual holiday get-together, a few final touches will have you ready for the festivities in style. Here are five tips and tricks to make sure you look picture-perfect this holiday season:
- Add Accessories: Sometimes all you need to complete your look is a few simple, but stylish accessories. Pick up a sparkly pair of earrings, a festive belt, a sleek scarf, or a statement necklace that will bring your style to the next level.
- Groom Your Hair: Gently brushed curls, a tousled top knot, a neat ponytail, or an updo–whatever your look, make sure your hair is neat and tidy. Give it a final spritzing of hairspray for maximum hold.
- Dress it up: A blazer is a classic way to add a little sophistication to even the simplest outfit. If you’re planning to go lighter on your ensemble, a blazer can pull the look together and add some polish.
- Spritz of Scent: Wax poetic with a finishing spritz of your favorite scent and you will look and smell amazing. Be subtle with your choice and skip anything too strong or musky.
- Makeup Finale: A touch of subtle color can go a long way. Enhance your natural beauty with highlights and a matte lip for a clean and crisp makeup look. Add sparkle and volume to your eyelashes with a few coats of mascara.
Deck the halls with these finishing touches and you’ll be ready to go with a finished holiday look that’s sure to make a statement.
So there you have it! With this festive holiday makeup tutorial, you now have the perfect makeup look for any upcoming winter events. Be sure to grab all your glimmering and glamorous supplies and let your natural beauty shine.